Last few weeks were pretty stressful for me.
That’s why you did not hear from me for a while. I didn’t want to write about these, not so good, things that were going on in my life. Let’s just say that things are back to normal, more or less, for the time being at least.
OK. Now, let’s get to fun stuff!
Today is the last day of March (at least for those of you who are reading this on 31st of March), and this time I prepared a free desktop April 2011 Calendar wallpaper. Isn’t it odd? This time, for a change, I prepared a Calendar wallpaper in time!!! :)
I made this wallpaper with my latest Cherry Blossoms Photoshop brushes set which is freely available to all GBG members. This set is published in March Edition of GBG e-zine! If you want it, become a GBG member and you will get access to 120+ Photoshop brushes sets, making a total of almost 1000 FREE Photoshop brushes.
Japanse Cherry Blossoms, April 2011 Desktop Wallpaper calendar is available in following dimensions:
And here is the iPhone wallpaper too
Have a great day, think positive and always wear a smile :) It’s free and it suits you perfectly!
Did you happen to take a look at my 800+ Photoshop brushes MEGA SET? Check it out, trust me, it’s worth it ->
Brand new! Fresh! Just out of the oven! St. Patrick’s Day is here and, ladies and gentleman, I am more than happy to announce
Funny Irish Toasts, FREE Photoshop Brushes
And by that I mean – 9 Photoshop brushes in three sizes, XXL ,XL and L! A little bit of something for everyone!
Now, here is a little something I did for my friend Irska (Ireland in Slovenian language). Here name is not really Ireland but her friends calls her like that because of the color of her hair and the fact that she really loves Ireland.
Now, that’s her. Not much to see here I know, but I thought that one is funny :)
Of course, the graphic is decorated with some St. Patrick’s Day Photoshop brushes and Funny Irish Toasts Photoshop Brushes:
Now, if you are looking for some more St. Patrick’s Day Photoshop brushes, look no further, in these two sets there are like 108 St. Patrick’s Day Photoshop brushes, more then you will ever need for your commercial and non-commercial projects:
This set includes:
* 35 brushes at 2400px
* 35 brushes at 1300px
* 35 transparent PNG files
- all PNGs and Photoshop brushes are in 300dpi,
- Commercial license
- PC/Mac Compatible
- compatible with Photoshop 7.0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4 and CS5
This set consists of 38 brush up to 2477px and 38 brushes up to 1287px
- Commercial license
- PC/Mac Compatible
- compatible with Photoshop 7.0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4 and CS5… and newer versions
*** CELTIC KNOTS SPECIAL OFFER ***
Celtic Knots PREMIUM Photoshop brushes set
is FREE for those who get the legendary
800+ Photoshop brushes MEGA SET
(see it HERE ->)
*** THIS OFFER ENDS ON MARCH 23, 2011! ***
OK, Guys! I hope you will like your new free download, it’s new it’s fresh, which means nobody used them .. yet :)
Love you all, stay well, have fun creating and most of all
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!
Here goes another Photoshop tutorial.
Mirta’s birthday was few days ago, so I prepared a funny collage birthday card for her. And, because she likes animals, (especially cats) I decided to add photo of Mr. Alphons (my trusty cat) to her birthday card.
Mirta was also my model back in times when I had my own photo studio (that’s why I do so many Photoshop brushes for Photographers) I took this photo of her three years ago.
In this example I used many of my brushes: free and premium versions. Free Photoshop brushes can be found at GreenBulbGang.Com and premium versions are available for purchase in my Graphics-Illustrations.Com Shop! Backgrounds are also available in the shop.
Ok. So here are the ingredients for this recipe: :)
And here is what we will have by the end of our tutorial:
OK, guys! Roll-up your sleeves because here we go! Here is how I made this card:
0. I collected all ingredients :) (images and graphics which are to be included to design). I prepared some Photoshop brushes, backgrounds and photos to get ready to roll, started a new file (ours was 2400px x 2400px) at some printing resolution, say, 300dpi.
1. So, as a first step. I imported photo of Peacco (Meacco Peacco a.k.a. Mr. Alphons), this photo can be a photo of your friend, family, pet or anyone else … now select “channels”.
2. Select the channel with the highest contrast, in my case that was Red one. Copy that channel.
3. Use Level Adjustment in order to get even more contrast channel – remember: you should work on copied Red channel!
4. Now use the Burn tool to darken the photo (Mr. Alphons in this case)
5. Using the Dodge tool clear all the grays and blacks around the photo (Mr. Alphons in this case)
The image should be clear now.
6. Now draw a selection around with the using path pen tool, be precise (more than I was)
and go to the Paths Menu (the image looks darker now because you copied the Red channel, remember? :))
7. In the Paths Menu, choose “Make a selection” option in order to create selection from Path
8. Now click again on Channels – and then on your copied channel. In my case that’s the red channel copy.
9. Fill the selection with Black color and correct the imperfections by using simple brush and black color around the silhouette.
10. Now click on Load channel as selection icon below.
11. Go back to the Layers. (You can copy your image layer if you want to – I did.) Add a Layer Mask
12. And the selection will be automatically “erased”.
13. While you are using select tool, click to open a menu and select “Refine Edge”
14. Now soften an edges a little bit
15. Now open a background image and simply drag a layer to the background image.
16. Using this technique cut another photo and drag the layer over the background.
17. now, add a layer mask and with simple brush strokes (Photoshop brushes set available here) create some imperfections over the image.
18. Repeat this on another photo too
19. Add a layer above the background and add some “Hearts” Photoshop brushes in white color.
20. Blur the hearts a little
21. Add another layer and add new Photoshop brushes, in this case I used ones from the set I created for Smashing Magazine, you can download them here
22. I added another background layer simply with dragging an layer above the background layer
23. I changed the layer mode to “Hard Light”
24. Then I added another layer and applied Dotted Arrows, Photoshop brushes set available here
25. Again, just like in 17. and 18., add a layer mask and using a simple brush strokes (Photoshop brushes set available here) add a “grunge” style to the design
26. Repeat the same as in 25.
27. Add another layer, and use new brushes (I used “Stickers” Photoshop brushes set available here)
28. Add another layer below the “sticker” you just added and draw a circle using elliptical selection, fill in the circle with the color of your choice, and change the layer mode. I changed it into “Color Dodge”.
29. Add more brushes from “Sticker” set on the same layer
30. Add another layer and again, add new brush – this time “Kisses” Photoshop brushes set available here
31. You can add more layers and more brushes – it is up to you. I’ve added “Doodle Birdies” Photoshop brushes set available here and “Talk Bubbles” Photoshop brushes set available here…
32. In case you were wondering, here is what the graphic looks like at 100% zoom.
and here’s the final collage:
OK, gang! I hope you like our little graphic we made today. I hope you will enjoy my Photoshop brushes!
And, in the end, here is the complete, layered PSD file (8×8 inches at 300 dpi – 2400×2400 pix) all you have to do, is insert image(s) of someone you love to replace Mirta (you can keep image of Mr. Alphons if you want!)
It’s been a while since I made a Photoshop tutorial. Now, here it is. A “dreamy portrait” and how to make it. Fast, simple and easy.
This is the original photo of my friend Suzana. She was using her mobile when this picture was taken and I wanted to create more “dreamy” look. So I sat down by my Photoshop and created another image of Suzana.
This our final image:
And here is what we begun with:
So after importing an image into the Photoshop go to:
1. Layer->New Adjustment Layer->Levels
2. Select Level Presets
3. Select Lighten Shadows
4. Play with the histogram until you get the desired look
5. Now, add new white colored layer above the image. Copy the layer containing the photo and place it above the white colored layer you just created.
6. Add a layer mask to the layer containing the photo by clicking the layer mask icon.
7. Use the brush tool (F5) to “erase” the parts you don’t want to have on the image.
8. You can adjust the brush size, opacity and flow to make the “cleaning” easier and faster. Make sure that the “foreground color” is black. You can clear the background on this stage like I did.
9. Now, select “Outer glow” option from the layer effects (double click on Layer)
10. Select the color which is the closest to the background photo color…
11. Now, at this stage I wanted to expand the canvas of the image and get more space on the left side.
Select Image->Canvas Size and expand the width of the photo to the left.
12. Now select the lower layer…
13. … and stretch it to the left.
14. From the Filter menu select Filter->Blur->Gaussian Blur in order to blur this stretched layer.
15. Create a new Layer group above the blurred background
16. Load the Bokeh Photoshop brushes (they are a part of Sweet Love Valentine’s Pack), enlarge the spacing and re-size the brush (this may vary according to the image size) and enlarge brush spacing
17. Change the Shape dynamics (this may vary according to the image size)
18. Change the Scattering option (this may vary according to the image size)
19. Move the brush over the image, it will randomly add bokeh circles
20. From the Filter menu choose Filter->Blur->Gaussian Blur in order to blur the circles
21. Create new layer above the current layer
22. Use the same brush, but this time will work with smaller size
23. Again, from the Filter menu choose Filter->Blur->Gaussian Blur in order to blur the image, but less than the layer below
24. Again, add another layer (3rd one)
25. Now add more, even smaller bokeh brushes
26. Leave the 3rd layer as it is.
27. Now select the Layer group which contains those three layers with bokeh brushes
28. And change the layer mode to the “Color Dodge”
29. And voila! Here is our Dreamy Portrait Image
I hope you liked this tutorial and
While I’m creating new brushes, vectors, wallpapers or tutorials, feel free to visit Graphics-Illustrations.Com Shop for some totally cool Photoshop brushes, Vector Art, Scrap book kits, RF Images, and loads of other designers toolss, or join us at GreenBulbGang.Com!
Have fun creating!
What’s that sound that I hear?
What’s that sound that I hear?
Is that the spring coming?
Is that what I hear?
Ever since the December I started the countdown for the Spring. Yes, I don’t like cold weather, or snow or ice. None of it. I need to be kept on a warm place with a lot of sunlight :) It was written in the note which was delivered to my parents together with, well, baby me when I came to this world.
The note said:
“Hi, this is Silvia, baby you asked for. Be good to her because, one day, she will run a well visited blog on the Internet and you don’t want her to complain over there (not that you know what blog or internet is, but still, just trust us). So, please make sure to keep her in a warm place with a lot of sunlight.
Baby Delivering Service Ltd.”
There was some other stuff in the note, but I won’t go into that now. I’m sure that there are plenty of you who also came to this world with a same or similar note.
Anyways, in this post I give you
March 2011 Desktop Wallpaper 2011
It is 9th already, I know, but believe me, under the circumstances and the heating problems in our house, there was no way for me to do it sooner.
Enough yawning, it’s time for free March Desktop Wallpaper download.
Of course, as always, it was created with a little help from my Photoshop brushes – available as, well, .abr files Photoshop brushes and vector illustrations in my little, cute Shop which hides many great helpers for your commercial and non-commercial projects!
Download March 2011 Desktop wallpaper here:
/right-click on the link and select “Save File As …” or “Save Link As …” or similar to save wallpaper locally/
And here is what I used to make this wallpaper:
Photoshop Brushes – Floral Shapes (37)
There is an extra promo gift that comes with Floral Photoshop Brushes set (37): Scrapbook kit Grunge Love !
P.S. Oh, and don’t forget: St. Patrick’s Day Photoshop brushes – Leprechauns is also FREE for those of you who get St. Patricks Day Photoshop brushes set Second Edition [35 medium size brushes + 35 XXL brushes + 35 PNG files] – before March 17th 2011. Check the St. Patricks Day Photoshop brushes here!